Monday, April 21, 2008

daddy's ashes

Where do I begin......Well this is what I decided to put daddy's ashes in while I was home in Yarmouth. The keepsake Urn I had purchased to put them in was broken and I had to come up with something before I left. Dad made this when he was 12 years old. Or round about that age anyway.
So, Mark..dad's friend that made his urn helped me fix dad's toy truck. He said that he could drill a hole up through the bottom of the cab large enough to hold a container of some sort for the ashes. Well..let's just say that Mark is amazing and helped me take my idea to another level. He found a film canister ( perfect for daddy as he loved all his pictures.) and then he went on a hunt through all his pennies for a 1942-the year dad was born and a 2008-the year of his death. One for the top of the canister then fill with ashes and then the other penny on the other side. Mark said it was dad's two last cents worth!! Too funny. He popped the canister in the hole and topped it off with a beer cap he flattened ( beer that daddy enjoyed having with Mark ) and sealed it with a rubber stop.
After all was said and done. We took daddy for a ride around his work bench.I hope that you all enjoy seeing all these pictures. That day was hard for me. Almost as hard as today posting them for you to see. Life is short....start living it!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that your dad's friend could help with it and love the description of how it was done.

michelle said...

tanya...that is truly amazing....he was meant to be in his truck.

Rebecca said...

Oh Tanya I read your Blog and I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I just wanted to let you know this is the best Flippin Idea I have ever seen! I think your Daddy is smiling big in that truck. What a wonderful thing to do. I hope the days are getting better for you!
P.S. I love the tattoo!!!!!

Rebecca From LP Scrapbook club