Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lots and lots of news to tell

Where should I start???? There is so much for me to post about this week. Well, lots of you know that I have had a friend visiting me from Ontario. She stayed here with me in Swan Lake for 10 days. We did lots of sight seeing, went out to eat and even went to the movies. Jocelyne and I shopped at a couple of the scrapbooking stores and had a hell of a visit with Bryan, Michelle and Anne on Saturday night. We managed to get in lots of scrapbooking while she was here as well. her and I pushed out lots of layouts during her stay. As you have seen in my previous posts I have lots to show for the time she was here. We had fun. Laughing, talking and just chillin.
I have some photos to share with you all from her trip here. We had a kinda photo shoot along side the highway where there were some bales of hay. Fun!!! I took her to Holland where they have a picnic area with a smaller version of a windmill. The day was super windy and cold but we had spent about 20 minutes there getting lots of pictures!!
Oh ya......We ate lots of ice cream!!! The Ben and Jerry's was stocked in the fridge. MMMmmmm good. Half Baked was my favorite and elmer sat on the couch one evening with my entire jar of Chunky Monkey. How rude!! LOL They are sooo woth the $5.99 a piece we pay for them. I believe they are a 500ml size.
Another windy day was spent atop a look out spot where you can have a view all around you for miles. It was awesome. If you click on the picture you can bring it up bigger to see the view better.
These little blessings in disquise are Peach Penguins. Gummie candies which we both had a jar of on our scrap-room tables!! I love my candies...what can I say....I always have!! I buy them in the bulk bin at Superstore. A must have when scrappin!
So this morning I drove Jocelyne to the bus station in Portage for the 8:20 am bus. Where she would connect in Winnipeg and then continue on to her final destination of Massey Ontario. I had some tears driving home. I miss my friend. I knew that I would be comming home to an empty house. Girls in school and Elmer out in Alberta somewhere. Nobody to chat with while having breakfast or down in the (cave) scrapbooking room.
Today I need to get my bedroom back in order. Hang the pictures back on the wall, the fishing baskets and dad's fishing hat. Put the lanterns out on their shelves and basicly get back to a normal living routine. I had not fixed my room back after it was painted because Jocelyne had come and there was no time to have it done before she got here. So...I will be taking all my treasures from dad out of the box I had them packed in and be thankful for all he had sent to me and wanted me to have. Although probably not going to be a happy day for me, I will be grateful for all I have and all he has given me to remember of him. He was a good man and an awesome daddy. the best a girl could ever have. He has given me some of his most prized posessions and a lifetime of memories. So...today I took out my bunny that I had packed in my closet while I had company and Smelled daddy's shirts, cried again that he is no longer here with me nor going to see my house in June like him and Mom had planned to be here. Still wishing that this is all a dream and that one day when I call home...his voice will be in the background for me to hear. So silly of me to think that way but there is just some days I forget what his voice sounded like and then others it is so very clear.
While driving this morning out of Swan Lake on my way to take Jocelyne to Portage....A rainbow was around the morning sun. A sun dog they call them. Daddy again??? Knowing today was going to be tough and letting me know that he was here with me to help me through it???

No comments: