Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So this is what happens...........

When you have not posted for almost 2 weeks. There is so much to tell and I have all kinds of pictures and new things to share with everyone. But anyway....I'll start with this story. On the evening of November 27th I can home from a very exausting shift from work. Mentally and physically!! During our shift at work they were putting up decorations for Christmas. Wow..what a blow to a person who really did not want to have anything to do with it this year!! When I arrived home the house was empty. Elmer was gone on the roads..Hannah was I don't know where and me..tired and tired. Did I mention I was tired?? LOL I came down to my computer desk, checked out my e-mails, did some surfing and then brought up my blog and listened to the music I have on here for you all. I cried...for 2 hours straight. About everything you can possibly imagine. Asking myself those infamous questions of Why, How come, etc... Anyway...after getting to bed at around 2 in the morning and finally sleeping for about 4 hours I awoke and started Friday on the early side. No daylight yet...stars and the moon still shining in the sky..and me wide awake and feeling like I needed to do something happy and fun after the evening and night I had just had.
What I reallly wanted to do was stay in my jammies all day and go back to bed. I didn't!! I went and did some shopping. Stopped into a really great friends place for some girl time and went out for lunch. After we just went bumming around her town and look what decided to come home with me!!!!!! That's right ...after 10 years in Manitoba and never having a real tree since I moved here this beauty came home with me. Did it make me happy?? I have mixed feelings about the tree still !! The van needs a bath I know!!

So it smells real good and it was standing up in the living room about an hour after I got home. This being almost 2 weeks ago now and it still looks just like this. I have not touched it again. I water the tree and smell the branches but it does not have any lights on it or decorations. Why did I get one this year. Did I think it could possibly help me or is it bringing me down more?? My daddy loved Christmas and how he loved his Christmas trees. I have had some ideas on how I would like to decorate it. If that happens I will show you some pictures. For now...it is just staying like this.
There is so much more to tell you that has gone on here over the last week but I will keep it a mystery until I post again in the next day or two. Chat with ya all soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got a tree even if it's not decorated. It's a start and I believe a tad therapeutic.