Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The time has come.....

And in 3 short days Elmer and I will be at Winnipeg airport again saying good-bye to our baby girl. Sending her off on a jet plane back to Nova Scotia for the start of another school year. Grade 11 to be exact. It is so hard to believe that the summer has gone by so quickly and that we will not see her again till July 2010. It sounds like an eternity away!
We have tried to spend as much time with her as we possibly could. She went on a road trip with Elmer to Alberta. I think they did a 2 trip Alberta run that week. He also took her for her tattoo. A tottoo of Squirt from Finding Nemo which is something special that they share together. Movies, her favorite places to eat, haning out at home, ice cream treats, Tim Hortons runs, having our nails done together ( her and I..NOT Elmer!! LOL ), and so many more things to list.
I have certainly enjoyed having her home and wish so much that I could keep her here. Of course it is always nice to have help with the laundry and dishes and Elmer loved comming home to the lawn already being mowed. We will miss her so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard when they grow up and leave home. I know I'm still finding it hard without my boys around but at least they did visit me this summer. My youngest is arriving on Monday for a few days. Glad all is well with you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you.
Sara