Thursday, April 12, 2007

Been home for 1 week now.....

And, what have I been doing???? Not much actually.

I am missing the new friendships I made with Elmer's family in Yellowknife. Wish we could all live closer but that is what makes life interesting. Vacations are to be new experiences and life lessons. I met people I never new and tried new food I never thought I would have had in my life. It was a fantastic experience I will treasure. Forever.

Elmer is out running the highways. He was in Edmonton yesterday and should be in Saskatoon today. Girls are fantasic!! I mean, I have the best girls. Not to brag but I do. Hannah has been cooking meals all week and they are simply amazing. Dominique seems to be taking her school work a bit more seriously which is nice but I have learned not to push her. We never seem to get further ahead if we fight. Lesson learned for me. Give her space and eventually she figures it out.

So, other than the usual.... catching up on laundry when I got home and un-packing to find the perfect spot for some of my souvineers, I have developed a TON of pictures. Ya Right, like I needed more pictures sitting on my scrap desk waiting to be worked on!!! LOL I am sure glad they are getting along well with the other 500 sitting there!! LOL I NEED TO DO SOME SCRAPBOOKING!!!!!! NOW!!!!

I bought our plane tickets for Nova Scotia. We leave on May 2nd and return May 16th. 2 weeks on the east coast. Seems like I was just there. Oh Ya I was!!! LOL 4 months ago. Should be a good trip but we'll see when we get there. I am wanting Elmer to take me to a B&B for our Anniversary on May 11th. I need to search for some by the ocean. A couple days of peace and quiet will be nice.

I need to post more on this blog to keep it updated. Otherwise it is a huge story by the time I am done. And to think of it, it has been on my list of things to do all week. I know BAD blogger!!

Talk soon, tomorrow is a big day in the Doucette house!!!!! I will post tomorrow!!!

No comments: