Saturday, April 7, 2007

Pictures from Yellowknife

Well, I am home from Yellowknife now and have lots and lots of pictures to share with you all!!! While doing all the tourist "stuff" I went and seen an ice castle made right on the lake. We had to drive quite a ways on the lake to get to it. The man"snowking" starts building this castle at the beginning of winter every year. This is year #14 for him. This years castle was a castle indeed. Another year he made a church. Not sure what else but it sure was interesting. It has an upstairs where you can slide down and a room where you can buy hot chocolate and souvineers to suport the building of next years castle. It was beautiful!!! At night they have different activities taking place in the castle like plays and art shows. It sure would have been neat to see it at night all lit up. This is The Snowking. Sorry it was taken sideways and I could not rotate it around for you.
A shot of the igloo attached to the castle.
The dining room where we enjoyed some hot chocolate. he has photos of all the other castles he has made and the making of them. Really neat.
A picture of the thick pieces of ice cut out from the lake to make windows. Tres cool!!!!
More picture to come. I have almost 200 that I took up there. So be prepared for a flood on the blog!! LOL

No comments: