ok So we are home and back to the wide open yonder of the western province of Manitoba. Glad to be home?? It's a toss up. Glad to be home cuz we missed our girls way tooooooooo much but wanted to stay a few extra days as well. KWIM??
I am trying to post pictures for you all but it seems blogger does not want to co-operate with me. I will try to post them later on. I wonder if they think I have to many pictures??? LOL I took over 500! What a trip!!!
So, what are vacations for?? It is just the seeing of Family and Friends that everyone looks forward to or is it the tourist stuff that draws you back home?? For this trip I had it ALL !!! I missed family and friends of course. Hands down I wanted to see everyone. I wish I had more days to spend with them. Some family members I had not seen in over 17 years. It was great to get together with everone and with many thanks to my Aunt Doris for putting that get-together for me. I spent as much time as I could with family and friends without interfering with plans and goals I had set out for Elmer and I.
I seen all my 3 grandparents and they are all still doing well and holding their own. I am very thankful for getting to see them again. As much as they would all love to hear those special words " we're moving back " I had to let them down again. Grandma wanted to tie me with a big rope to keep me there!! She is soooo cute.
Elmer and I spent a fantastic day together for our 17th Anniversary. We went out for brunch at Jakes Donairs!! Gotta hit that place when we are in Yarmouth and then toured around. His parents made Rappie Pie for supper and invited my parents to come along as well. And of course cake. A huge Pound Cake with butter frosting. MMMM goood. Elmer bought me a Mp3 player and we received other gifts and cards from many. Even our Anniversary was said on the local radio staton thanks to my good friend, Francine. Love Ya girl!
For Mother's Day we took the moms out to the Yarmouth County Museum. Well, I think we all had a blast. It was nice to reflect again on Yarmouth's past and see all the artifacts again. I have not been to the museum since grade schhol. It smells the same!! LOL
Beyond all the specifics I have rambled off to you all, there were many, many more and lots of time relaxing, enjoying our trip. I spent some time on the beach across from our house, listening to the water and smelling the air. It is sooooo soothing and mind clearing. There is a whole world out there. Part of us always lives in Nova Scotia and now part of us is here in Manitoba. 1 moon, 1 world. A part of us there and a living part of us here. Elmer and I are very blessed with many many friends and family. Thanks to everyone who made our trip memorable. See you all soon. December right?????
1 comment:
WOW what an awesome trip, how nice it is to be able to just take off LOL i can't wait till my kids are old enough. i love reading your blog even though i never leave comments. but i figured it was about damned time i did LMAO. keep the pics coming cuz i love seeing them.
Post a Comment