My first holiday without my dad. It was my birthday yesterday and of course I had tears. It was a sad day for me. A parcel was not waiting for me at the post office from mom and dad nor a letter from him. And when mom called to send birthday wishes my way...dad's voice was not in the background for me to hear. Such a weird feeling.Not sure daddy ever knew how much I looked forward to getting the letters in my parcels but wow...today I am missing it. I looked at the last letter he wrote to me...how I never thought that would be the very last one.
Anyway...I made it through. Feeling all alone and empty. Also with a headache at the end of the day. So I took a long hot bath to relax last night and went to bed early. Slept not to bad and this morning was a beautiful sunny day when I woke up.
Elmer is back out on the highways. He went back to work this morning. I have been studying. Trying to get ahead of the rush before friday morning. That is usually when I study for the exam of the day!! I know...not good habbits and I hope my kids have not picked up on that but this week I promised myself to get to work before the day of.What else would I be doing when it is +18 outside!! And giving +23 for tomorrow. Still snow on the ground in some places but yet the temp proves that summer is very close for us here in Manitoba.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday girl!!
It will be nice when the warmer weather is here to stay.
Post a Comment