Thursday, June 19, 2008

A trip to Holland

Hannah took mom yesterday with her to Holland, Manitoba for a little tourist visit. The town has made a kinda picnic area with a small version of a wooden windmill like in the old counrty. It was a beautiful morning but with a little breeze. Mom couldn't sign the guest book though cuz there was no pen. I wonder why?? Jocelyne....do you have any idea why there was no pen there??? LOL LOL I believe it made it's way back to Ontario. !!





I went to work last evening but when I left I knew we were already under severe thunderstorm warning and tornado warning. So I prep'd the girls and I knew mom would be ok cuz they were here with her and with the temps at a whopping 29.7 degrees I knew we were in for a really good storm. Elmer had driven through Virden with hail and heavy rain...needing to pull over ...you could not see a thing. It was moving onward to us. Virden is about 2 hours away and a little west of Brandon. Brandon radio then said they were getting hail and winds on up from 100 km/h. We were under warning for a few hours...work was hectic as with a warning we have to get everyone out of their rooms and keep them in the common room. NOT FUN!! especially when they do not understand. Winds picked up severly and reported between 100-160km/h. As of right now...I have not heard of any tornado touchdowns. I am sure there was a few!! Driving home from work last evening you would have never even knew all of that had happened. The skyline was pained with the most perfect sunset and as darkness approached...the full moon emerged. I took it all in. Thankful for the day. Looked up into the sky...said good night to daddy and told him I loved him.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now really Tanya!!! Do you honestly think that I would take a pen for my collection??? hmmmm ;o)
What proof do you have that it was me?? LOL