Monday, October 13, 2008

It's Gobble Gobble Day.....

And here in Southern Manitoba we have be blessed with the sightings of wild turkeys. Hannah and Dominique took these pictures last summer while on their way home from dropping me off to meet up with Elmer to go trucking. These critters are a little rough looking. Not quite as pretty as their farm raised cousins but 10 to 1 they taste a whole lot better.!! While planning for some of the things for daddy to see during his visit to Manitoba....these critters were one of them. After I had sent him these photos we talked about the farm near St. Claude where there was about 100 right near the road. He would have loved to have seen them all there. When talking about these ones he said " man..I bet them taste real good " Happy Thanksgiving Daddy. I am thankful for you in my life. Maybe we should go for a drive today dad and see if we can see them.
So..the plans for today. I am going to be cooking a chicken today with potatoes and can veggies of some sort. Nothing fancy here. I bought a small apple pie and to go along with all of that there will be birthday cake. Elmer's b.day is today so is the spirit of celebrating his getting older......I bought ice cream cake from DQ. His favorite! There is a couple of presents, and maybe we can sing that ever so popular tune to him. MAYBE!!!

I am working a night tonight so I made sure I got up bright and early this morning so that I could sleep this evening. It is my very last shift at work till Nov. 2nd. For all of you that have not heard yet...I dropped my position at work for a little while. Give myself some time off. For a number of reasons....it was the best thing to do for right now.

Have a Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: