



Today I woke up to the howling of the wind and the cold damp feeling of a rainy day. If the temp was any lower it would be in the form of little white snowflakes but ahhhh Mother Nature must have heard me yelling at her to wait..I am not quite winterized yet. i still have a few things yet to finish up before the snow consumes my world again.
Today..is alone time. Hubby is watching the tube. I believe it is a Halloween type movie on the family channel. Twitches 2 is the name. I watched a bit but then came to the computer to chat with you all. Hannah is working and I am not planning on cooking anything today. Tomorrow I will cook for Thanksgiving.
Dominique called us yesterday and the phone went around to everyone in the house.( she woke us all up ) She chatted with her daddy twice though!!! She is doing well in Nova Scotia at mom's. She is liking her new school and friends. I am soo happy for her. It is what she wanted for herself. Friends and family. We miss her lots but hearing her voice helps us. The pictue at the top is the last one I got of her before she moved back home. She was helping mom get ready for the big Thanksgiving dinner at moms cottage that is going on right now as I type. She told us she made 2 apple pies for the supper today. She makes the best pies and I wish I had her here to make mine for tomorrow. But..cest la vie..I bought one!! Just a small one. Looks good but would be better to have one of hers.
In giving you all some more information...Hannah moved to Brandon Manitoba on the 25th of August and moved back home for the 1st of October. Her time was short lived in the big city. While there she went and got herself a tattoo.( picture above ) I love it!! I think her daddy does too. He hasn't really said much about it. So now she is working with me at the Personal Care Home in Pilot Mound as a Nurses Aide. She loves it and is happy with all the hours she is getting to work. She moved home for alot of different reasons. When all put together...it was an easy decision. I hope she is happy.
Mom and everyone at the supper today are making a memory garden at moms cottage for my dad. He would be so very pleased with us all for doing this. I will add my contribution when I go home. Dominique took Hannah's with her when she moved. It will be an awesome tribute to a very much loved man.( the first 2 pictures are of my moms cottage. One closer to the property and one from the beach. The campers are Elmer's mom and Dad's and his Aunts. ) I can't wait to see pics from today! And of course I am missing home lots today. I wish I was there with everyone. Still stuck here in Manitoba for the time being. My 1 Year is getting closer. Time is comming up and yet....still no plans yet on moving. Not today anyway!
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving girl!! I'm glad your girls are doing good. Love the tat.
Post a Comment