I last posted on Wednesday and that was the day before the huge winter storm blew through Southern Manitoba. Thursday started with rain then as the day turned into night it turned into freezing rain. OF COURSE!!!! and the snow started to fly. Blowing around 50k made driving almost un-bearable. Elmer managed to park the semi truck safely on Thursday afternoon and got home just passed supper time. I had to work last evening and the storm was still amongst us. It took me almost 45 minutes to drive a stretch, that on a good day, only needs about 17 minutes. Roads are horrible. Thick ice underneath a blanket of snow and a huge vally I have to climb. I was spinning most of the way up last night. Ahhh winter is here for us in Manitoba. Let the fun begin. I took pictures from our winter storm but have not yet downloaded them to the computer. So I guess that should be one of the things I do today.
I am working nights for tonight, Sunday and Monday. Not sure what the rest of the week looks like for me. I guess I will check that out tonight when I get into work. I do know that the Christmas schedule is up and I am working nights on the 24th, 25th and 26th.
Talked with mom this morning and she was on her way out to my Aunts as they were scrapbooking today. Well ,they were all making their Christmas cards I think. My cousin was going to be there and a few others. I wish I was there to get together with them. I am not sure if they do scrapbooking like I do or if they mostly do cards. I guess I should find that out. There is an on-line crop in case any of you are interested in looking it up to see if you get any mojo flowing. I wish I could. the site is www.myscrapshoppe.com It is a scrapbooking store that is in Winkler Manitoba that I frequent and order on-line from. Anyway...if you get the chance....check it out and the gallery. There is some awesome work there.
With the white stuff outside it makes you think more about Christmas. For sure!! I have been checking on-line for my plane tickets. Dominique will be anxious to find out when I am comming home. There is blackout dates right now from about the 23rd till January 4th on the seat sales. So right now...my plans are up in the air. I would like to be there a little sooner than the 4th. I'll keep checking the seat sales. Something always seems to come up for us just at the last minute. I guess the plane ticket is my christmas present. I want an i-pod as well. Maybe that is why I am working extra shifts right now. So I can buy my own!!! LOL
Gotta go have some brekkie and then hit the shower. Need to relax for nights tonight. Wish me luck. Three in a row. I have not done that in years. I have done a shift here and there but not 3 in a row. Should challenge me!!
Have a great weekend. make a comment on the ole blog. Let me know there is someone out there reading!! LOL
3 comments:
Well you know that I always read your blog. lol We've been getting rain but no snow. Of course it is in the forecast for Sunday I believe. Hope you get to go home soon and see your family. I miss you much.... take care.
So glad that it you getting that white stuff!!you can keep it .people are walking around short sleeves today,a little damp but no white stuff..lol Lou
hey mom, this has nuthing to do with what you said but i wanted to tell you about my quizzes and tests ive has so far.
mik maq- unit 1 quiz, 36%
unit 1 test, 68%
math- quiz #1,70%
test #1,87%
test #2, 71%
test #3, 94%
test #4, 89%
science- quiz #1, 85%
test #1 still weighting for mark
music-quiz,#1,100%
quiz #2, 37%
thats all so far cant weight to see you in January i dont think i can weight till the 4th ether lol miss you xoxo bye
Post a Comment