Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Surprise Dominique !!

These are the pictures I managed to snap when Dominique walked in the door and seen me. OMG she was surprised! Mom had told her that they were just going to her grandmeres for lunch. She had no clue I would be there. It was great. Shocked is what she looks like in this pic. Click on it to bring it up bigger. I had to ask her to come see me as she just stood there for a very long time. Anyway....tears all around the house..everyone was happy. This picture is blurry because I was shaking so much when I seen her. It has been over 4 months since we sent her on the plane to live at moms and finish her High School in Nova Scotia. How I have missed her and the fun we used to have together. This one I took as we were sitting at the kitchen table just all chatting. Elmer was still hiding at this point and had not come out to surprise her!! We were just talking about how I had called her the day before and made the dog bark so she really knew I was at home. She would have never guessed that 24 hours later I would be there with her.

Her daddy sneaking out from the livingroom about 7-8 minutes after she had seen me and calmed down a little bit. When he tickled her she took a kinda quick look around the room to see who was behind her...still ,,,she had no idea he was there until that moment. Awesome Surprise!!
Awwww first huggs!!! She sure does love and missed her daddy!! After this was taken she kinda gave me a look. I was not sure what she was wondering but then I told her...there is nobody else. Her sister was still in Manitoba working and could not come.
A really nice pic of her and her daddy. They have really missed each other. It was good that Elmer took the time off to go see her. I know he would never admit it outloud but deep down it bothers him that she is sooo far away and he can not see her whenever he wants. I hope she like her Christmas present from us. Being there with her over the holidays was very special for Elmer and I.

Elmer's brother picked us up at the Halifax Airport and drove us to Yarmouth. It was so nice that he was able to stay the morning and into the afternoon to see the surprise that we had all shared a part of making. It is a shame that Bob and Gert found out that we were comming home earlier than expected through a family member that does not know how to keep a surprise. At least in the end it was still a surprise for Dominique!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is looking good!!! That is a happy smile if I've ever seen one.

Anne Krashel said...

Tears here too!! Wow that is awesome! Hope she had a grea visit with you.