Sunday, February 22, 2009

last Sunday's trip to Winnipeg

Last sunday Elmer and I picked up Sheila and her daughter Sydney for a road trip into Winnipeg for some shopping or bumming around as I would call it. It was super fun. Laughing, joking and Elmer bugging Sydney all the time. They had to sit together in the back seat and he never stopped teasing her the whole time. It was a great day!! The thing is....Elmer and I spent Saturday with Sheila as well. The whole day!!!! We went into Winkler and bummed around. It was Valentine's day and we went out to eat at Twisters for lunch. It's a restaurant thats theme is 60's or around there. We have jukeboxes at our booths ( and we played lots of old tunes ) and we had dessert too in those fancy icecream dishes from way back when. I did not have my camera with me so no pics from Saturday. Sorry!! I am sad about it too. I did buy something really special for me on Saturday but I need to make another post about that later.

So on Sunday.....we picked up Sheila and Sydney around 10 and made it into the city around 12. We went straight to St Vital Mall and did some shopping there. I only have some pics from the day and they are all from once I got home!!

Our last stop of the day was on our way home and we popped into BULK BARN!!!!!!! whoo hoo...we found it..thanks to all the winnipeg girls on the scrapbooking site that directed me to where it was!! I love BULK BARN!!! I picked up some dried Kiwi and Mango. Got myself some gummie cherries and some Spirament leaves. love them. Don't know how to spell them but mmm good! also my chocolate wafers with sprinkles and a new favorite...they are those coloured chocolate thingies shaped like kisses and dipped in sprinkles. They have a minty taste too!! I know all these thing must have a proper name but I don't know of it. They aare still good. I bought myself 2 new keychains for my collection. yes...I collect key chains along with Pez. These ones I could just not pass up on.
Elmer bought me the Madagascar 2 movie and this one came with the PEZ!!!!!!!!! hello.....that is so awesome. It was a boxed set that is exclusive to Wal-mart!! he actually bought me this on Saturday during our trip to Winkler. Not Sunday.
Stopped into Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for my Candy Apples. I got 1 caramel and 1 candy apple red one. MMMMM they were yummy!!
And the hubby bought me my Satsuma perfume from The Body Shoppe. This store is only in Winnipeg and since we do not go there ofter it is a treat to stop in and see and the new stuff. I have had the peach scent but as I was told by the worker...they have not made that for 2 years now...that shows you how often I go there.

After shopping at the mall we all went to MONGO'S for lunch. It was mid afternoon and the lunch crowd was over so it was quiet and fun. OMG did we eat. For any of you who don't know what mongo's is...it is a stir fry place where you go around and pick out all the different kinds of veggies/meat/noodles you would like. This way you never get something in your meal that you don't like. You add differnt sauces to make your very own unique stir fry and then proceed to the huge grill where there is usually 4 guys stirfrying everyones creations. OMG it is heaven. So yummy. It is Elmer's favorite restaurant and everytime we are in the city it is the only place we can eat. His rules!!! Of course we ordered dessert. Not that we neeeded it but we did anyway. Oh I forgot to tell you all that this place is a all you can eat. That is why Elmer likes it sooo much. And it also has a salad bar too!! and soup I think. If you would like to see pics...google Mongos and have a look see!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG girl!!! Looks like you had an extra special good time. I wish I was closer to you. snifff I'm living my good times thru you. I soooo love all those candies you got. I'll have to make a trip to the bulk barn when I go to Sudbury in March to see my specialist. I did get me some Life Savers gummies and some peaches gummies and some jujubes. lol You got me hooked. Miss you chica!!

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS like an awesome day!!!!
can't wait to see a LO about your day!

Bryan

Anne Krashel said...

Well, now that you know where bulkbarn is I'll sit here and wait for my invite to join you next time!!
Looks like a great day.