Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Day has Come...

Elmer's truck "Barney" loaded up and ready to hit the road. He was just fueling up at this moment when I snapped the picture.
Elmer has left for Yellowknife NWT today around noon. The house is quiet and finally cleaned up from all of his stuff lying around all week. The girls came with me to the shop to see their daddy off. We all helped him pack up the semi and then he was off. It was freezing outside today, as you can tell by my rosey cheeks!! LOL Kisses on my nose from Elmer before he left. My favorite!!!

Miss him, of course I will!!! But, I am planning on getting together with some friends and having some fun too!!! Scrappin, drinking, movies, shopping trips to the city etc... Can't wait. I think it is good to have some" me time" while he is gone. This year I have 10 weeks to do everything I want. April is the expected date of arrival back to Manitoba.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well girl, looks like you'll have fun while hubby is gone. But if you ever get lonely, give me a shout! By the looks on your face, I don't think I'd be able to go out in that cold. eeek!

Gaspegirl said...

Enjoy your time for you and you know what they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...

Have a great day!