since my life was turned upside down. It's been a very long week. The first couple of days seemed like time was standing still. I never thought saturday would come to and end and now....here I sit already 1 week later. This whole week feels like one day has rolled over into the next.
Some decisions have been made for all of us here in Manitoba. We are going home. Elmer will be home at the end of the month and the girls are out for spring break so we are heading home. I am taking time off of work and will figure out how to replace my hours later.
Today is dad's party. I call it a party anyway. He would call it a party too I think. Anyway...mom put up a christmas tree in the house and is decorating it. Rev. Newell will be there to say just a few words. And mom said last night that she got out lots of pictures for everyone to look at. I feel good about what is going to go on today. mom is taking lots of pictures from today for me to see when I am home.
For me... I have an exam for school. Do I want to go?? No but I think I wil go and write it. Dad will be there to help me get through and then if I miss some while I am gone home I will not feel like I would have so much to catch up on. I will have his pocket watch with me so he is close. I am prepared enough to write so why should I wait till monday.
I wrot a letter to dad last saturday adn will post it later today. Mom has it at the house for everyone to read today. I needed to write to him. I talk to him every night but for some reason last weekend...I had to put it on paper. My mind is a mess. I won't lie. I am a wreck but for some reason, this morning, I have a bit a peace. I feel confident about my exam and the decisions I have made about school and going home. Is it daddy giving me the push??? I hope so. I hope he is with me today. I need him.
1 comment:
Tan,
The "party" was great, just what Dad would have wanted...beautiful weather,lots of food,laughs(and some tears) family and friends filled the house, yard and barn. We placed Dad urn on his work bench in the barn surrounded by food so he could be out there "shooting the shit" with the guys. They even toasted him with a drink or two... or three...
Post a Comment