
The weary travellers in Toronto airport. March 2008. We are only half way there at this point. You should have seen them by the time we landed in Halifax and then drove to Yarmouth.

And after a very long and trying 2 weeks...not all of us are happy to be back in Manitoba. Well..just me actually. I did not want to board the plane on Thursday at all. I shed tears on the drive to Halifax airport, on the plane from Halifax to Toronto, from Toronto to Winnipeg and also on the drive to Swan Lake. I was nopt ready to leave Yarmouth this trip. There were still so very many things I wanted to do while I was there. Not enough time to fit them all in.
There are so many highlights from our trip that we want to share with you all. Not sure where to start. Had some great times with family and friends and memories that I will have with me for a lifetime. And ALOT of pictures to prove it.I am not sure what to tell you first. I think for today I will just list some and tomorrow when I can catch my breath and really sit down to write it all up better I can explain the highlights in more detail.
--I took around about 30 lbs of easter candy in my luggage so that mom could host the Easter Hunt for all the grandkids.
--That of course left me room in my luggage for all my treasures that I had to bring home!! LOL
--We had a very long flight going to Nova Scotia. 2 tired children in tow and 2 very cranky parents....I believe I now know why we do not travel together!!
--Mom had set everything up in the house for me just sa it was for the day of daddy's party. This I am truely grateful for and appreciate how hard it must have been for her to have to re-live everything again for me
--I spent many mornings talking wil dad in the barn
--Had an Easter Hunt
--visited the grandma's in their care homes
--had a birthday party for me at mom's cottage at Chebogue Point. I can not recall how many showed up just at the moment.
--Ate lots of Donairs and Donair Pizza. We must have because on our last night there...We ordered Donairs and they were out of donair meat...WHAT???? how can you run out??
--had some seafood
--Went into Dad's cottage at the lake in Kempt. Hard day for me. But I managed to pull through and am so very glad I got a chance to get in there before comming home.
--Got a new tattoo in memory of my Daddy and me. A combination of some of the things we shared together.
--Hung out with friends a few times. Enjoyed that very much
--Had way toooooo much to drink on Saturday April 5th. The room was spinning when I went to bed!! LOL
--Took lots and lots of pictures
--The girls had many sleepovers with their cousins. Dominique also went to a friends for one night.
--Mom made me molasses cookies and some homemade beans.
--I also had the opportunity to have some rabbit and partridge while I was home. Dad snared them this winter and mom cooked me one
--I had dainties with my mom and sister that I have not seen or spoken with in over 12 years. That was a very hard day for me. I was so very uncomfortable and nervous. My mom was happy though that we all sat down together. And my mom being happy is what made me get through the day.
There is so much to share with you all and for tonight my brain is fried so I am closing now but will be back tomorrow with more pictures and more details on out trip. And even though the circumstances of our visit to Yarmouth were not for pleasure we all had a good time. Lots of tears shed...lots of laughs...lots of Family.
2 comments:
I am so happy to have your back!!! I missed you lots girl. Welcome back home even though you didn't want to be back. I called but you were not home yet. Talk at ya later.
so glad you are home safe and sound....this thursaday at B's house
Post a Comment