Monday, May 19, 2008

Just as I promised !

Dominique's new hair. I absolutely love the colour on her!! It is a pretty Orange !!
My Birthday present from Michelle. Filled with all kinds of pink goodies for an album I am working on. Thank You soooo much Mich. I love it!
Pics are kinda dark as I was in my basement scraproom. Sorry ...but if you bring them up bigger when you click on the pic you can see the goodies pretty good.

Now..the next two pics are the very very special parcel I received in the mail from a friend all the way from Saskatchewan. Two years ago I was involved in a Circle Journal group. For all of you who do not know what a circle journal is I will briefly explain.....you send around a scrapbook album that has a paticular theme that you have picked. Everyone in the group has a different theme and after you have done your scrapbook layout in the journal you mail it off to the next person in the group to work on their pages in your album. Some groups have 10-12 people in the groups. My theme in this journal group was Favorite Song, another lady had chosen Favorite Chocolate Recipe. Another person had chosen Your silly face. You receive in the end an album filled with special things from everyone in the group. Janets theme was Simple Pleasures. 2 years ago I made my scrapbooking layout for her journal on what my Simple Pleasures were. Everyone in the group has different pages on different things that are their simple pleasures.

So...On Friday, I received the most special present in the mail. With a note paper inside Janet wrote.....I knew these would mean so much more to you now!! After Janet had read my May 1st post about me comming to terms with some of the most important things in my life that I had been missing since my father's death she sent me something that was related to my post. I always knew daddy and I were close. I always knew we had a special connection between us that many others never knew or even understood. I had almost forgotten about that journal I had made 2 years ago in 2006. Daddy is always with me...even when he was alive he was thought of lots and it comes out in my scrapbooking and in my writings.

So....when reading what I had wrote 2 years ago...tears fell down my face. I was touched by the gift she has given back to me. A part of myself that I had made to share with her. A part of me and my dad from years ago that I wanted her to know about. A part of me that has always been what my daddy had taught me . A part of me that will never ever be lost.
So...I want you to click on the picture and bring it up larger and take a good read of what I had written back in 2006. I want to share it with all of you now. I hope this gives you all a better knowledge of who I am, where I am from, who my daddy was and how much he meant to me. I had made a 2-page layout for her album. One side was the journaling and the other side was the pictures I had added to make the layout come to life!! I hope you all enjoy this!

Thanks Janet. I am very blessed to have a friend like you in my life.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not keep it knowing it meant more to you than I realized. I'm so gld you got it and cherish it. Glad your not mad at me to send it back.