Monday, June 16, 2008

We've been cooking today

Mom and I started out our day off together in a bang. With mom making a quick trip to the grocery store early this morning our day was planned out. HAnnah had taken the van anyway and we could not go do tourist stuff so we cooked. We started with the famous Baked Beans that are my favorite. Mom again showing me all the steps to be making them on my own..ya right!!! LOL While we had the beans a cooking on the stove we preped the onions/bacon/molasses and other stuff. Deciding that we could not have them without fresh biscuits...............we went on to be cooking them before the beans had to go in the oven. Mmmm cheese ones today. And with another container frozen in the freezer we had enough for supper. Mom showed me all the steps AGAIN...yes AGAIN as she has showed me how to make these on all her trips to Manitoba but I can still not make them as good as mom.
Don't they look yummy?????
And my huge roaster pan filled with 3lbs of beans waiting to go into the oven. They turned out awesome. I managed to get lots in the freezer for a later date!
I guess that sums up today in a nutshell. Mom read the blog...she said she read all the way to the bottom....i didn't ask how that went .......I was sleeping. nap time for me. I was also snoring aparently...actually, I knew, I heard myself !!!
Hannah had a nail appointment today with a freind and was back around four o'colck.
Both girls are studying for exams for tomorrow but mom and Dominique just left for a little walk with Molly.
Oh ya....Lou and Lynn....she is out strolling in her Capri's. I do have a picture of it though. Will post another day.She blends in well up here in the praries!! Just like the rest of us now.
Elmer is in Saskatchewan tonight and heading west to Alberta...he has promised he would be home by Thursday. HE HAD BETTER BE!!! Friday is the big day!!
I had a bad day yesterday..being fathers day and all. Mom and I cried. Looked at pictures and got through it though. Eating Bridge Mixture chocolate/cheese and hotdogs. Some of daddy's favorite things. I miss him. I want him here to share this week with me and Hannah but......my bedroom tells me that he is. For some reason...it smells just like dad this week. Very powerful smell in my room. Just like the camp and his clothes. Not sure why or even how... but it does. You open the door and it just hits you like he is right there. Mom even noticed it as soon as she opened the door and then walked right out closing it behind her. Tougher days ahead of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

everything looks good!!!Hope you got some molasses to go with those biscuits. Love Lou